miércoles, 26 de febrero de 2014


TEACHING PRACTICUM 1

This was the first time that I teach at the university. I would like to say that it was nice because it is an experience that none forget in life. To get nervous is common for most of us, but in my case I am admired with myself because I did not get nervous, and that`s good. So in this practice I taught “Prepositions of Place”; I developed some activities such as sentence strips, city map exercises and some listening comprehensions. In the city map students were giving me directions, and they were asking and answering questions in couples, as well. While I was teaching something happened I made a listening comprehension in which students had to follow the conversation and write the correct numbers, and just few students understood the listening so what I did is that I paused the conversation sentence by sentence, and in that way they got it. I did another conversation in that way as well, and they did it better. Therefore, i think that I need to improve in this in order to have better results. I think that it is an experience that I will never forget, and that I have to put it into practice whenever I make a listening. This is the only bad thing that happened but them everything went great. What I really like is that I managed time in an excellent way I finished what I had to teach. Another thing that I also liked is the last activity that I did, it was an activity in which they have to say the direction that I was asking for and they did it in a very nice way. They also have a true and false activity and they did it in a correct way, too. Hence, I must say that my objective was fulfilled. I did my best in this class, and I enjoyed it a lot.

4 comentarios:

  1. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I had to teach the same topic than you, I used some similar activities for developing my topic like the sentences strips,draws of city maps,and listening comprenhension. What I can recommend you it´s that you can try to use not diffcult listenings conversations, remenber that they are in basic level and many of them are beginners in english language, and don´t worry, we are are learning and Iknow that you make a big effort. :

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I think that nervousness in the main problem that we face when we are starting a class, but that goes away when we get confident with ourself and with the things we are doing.
    I can say that the use of activities is very efficient for the beginners and that works well.
    Also we can take into consideration the feedback that the teacher gave us. This feedback has helped me a lot to know my errors and what things I can improve for the next class.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. That´s I good idea Iza to be stopping the listening sentence by sentence, of course if the students do not get the listening. I do not know if you listening was short or not but I think the listenings should be basic and short most of all for begginners because as you know they have difficulties trying to get a listening.

    ResponderEliminar