domingo, 25 de mayo de 2014


Second class, third period
 

Today, I taught my second class with intermediate students.  I really like this group because they are very participative.  I have developed all the activities that I have planned to do with them, and I have not had any problem when talking about participation. This group is one of the best groups that I had had during this semester.


Well, the first activity that I did was to discuss with the students about things that they planed to do in the past, but they did not took place, or maybe it took place, but not in the date that they expected.  We were discussing about it, and some of them said that they had not idea that the major that they were going to choose was going to be Licenciatura in English, some others said that they wanted to be architects, engineers, teachers, etc. It was nice to talk about it because they were very enthusiastic telling me.
 

 Then, as I was going to teach Future in the Past, I taught new vocabulary related to the topic. I asked them to do a matching activity, but all together. I gave a phrase to some students, and I asked them to paste it in the correct meaning that was written in a chart that I did. Then I gave some sentences strips for students to organize them. They did it in a very nice way following the meaning of the words that I gave them.

Later on, I gave the meaning on the new topic, and I gave some examples. First; I started with the was and were going to form. I told them when we have to use it. Then, I asked for some sentences, and they told me. So I must say that the grammar explanation was clear enough. 

Then, I though future in the past with would. I did the same, I wrote some examples, and then I asked to see if they got what I said, and unfortunately; they did it.

After explaining the grammar of this topic, I gave them a fill in the blank activity in which they had to complete some sentences. As they were doing this activity, I monitored all the students, and they were doing in the correct way. Then, I asked for correct answers, and they did it. Anyone got a bad answer.

So this is what I did, and then I waited for the teacher to give the feedback. She congratulated me because she told me that I studied the topic, and that I was very confident at the time of teaching. She told me that I showed that I knew the topic, and that I was not teaching wrong things.  

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario