viernes, 30 de mayo de 2014


Third class, third period

In my third class with intermediate students, I felt more confidence. I made many activities that were well developed according to the topic. They were studying “future in the past”. Well, the first activity that I did was my warm up in which we played the hot potato. They were very enthusiastic playing this. This group is really nice because they participate and help you to develop the activities in the way you expect.
So after playing this, we moved to the next activity which was a discussion with the whole group. This discussion was about the most important factors that we must take into account when we want to get a job. So I asked them and I mention some of the factors, and I asked which is the most important for them, and they were telling me and supporting their answers. It was nice to do this because they participated and used the vocabulary that they knew. I made them to speak especially those who do not like to.
After this, I moved to a reading in which i asked students to read it and then to listen the audio. Then, I asked them about new vocabulary. So I taught vocabulary, and I gave examples for them. As they were basic examples it was easy for them to give another example similar to the one that I gave them.
The last activity that I did was about certain vocabulary that was in the reading that I told you what they had to do is to write the definition of some specific words that were in the book. So then I asked for the meaning of these words and they shared them with the whole class.
So this was my last class with the group. The activity that I really liked is the one in which we were discussing the most important factors for getting a job because they were giving their own opinions. What I did not like is that they were playing with me they were changing their names whenever I asked them to tell me their names, but they were fun doing this so anyways I do not mind, now.
In the feedback the teacher told me that I started my class with a high enthusiasm, and then it was lower and lower, and she told me that it was maybe because of the day, because it was Monday, and she says that on Monday the students come with a feelings  that it is impossible to make them to be focused on the class. This is what she told me, and thank God everything was nice.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario