sábado, 16 de agosto de 2014

FIRST CLASS, SECOND SEMESTER, ADVANCED I



Another semester started and we continue getting and getting more experience about teaching. In every class that we teach we face new situations that make us to think and do not make that mistake again. Let me tell you that now I am working with advanced I, teacher Alex Mendoza. The topic was Present Perfect. First of all, I want to say that I was not nervous because I already knew the group, and they are very participative.

Well, the first thing that I did as a warm up is to give them a ball, and the one who get it was going to answer a funny question. They were enjoying the activity. I could notice that because all of us were laughing. Then, I came up with a chart in which students have to complete some sentences. They had to put the word in the correct place.

Later, I gave certain number of questions for students to create a conversation. They had to include other questions for doing this something more interesting. Then, I asked them to go to the front and share the conversation that they had created. Because of the time I just asked two couples to perform. It was funny, I really liked it.

Then, I gave them a fill in the blank activity for they to complete. I gave them seven minutes; then, we checked them all together. After doing this, I asked them to stand up and discuss the same questions that the fill in the blank activity contained. I asked them to stand up and make to lines in order to be face to face discussing with their classmates.

Something that I really liked is that students participate a lot, they do what you ask them to do, and you do not have any trouble with that.

Talking in general something that I do not like is the time in which we have to be there. It is too early, but anyways.

Some feedback that the teacher gave me was that I have to let the students to think how the sentences go before asking them to come to the front and complete sentences. Another thing that he did is that he gave some advices of how to move from one activity to another. I really liked this because it will help me a lot.

 So, this is what really happened in my first day with advanced students.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario