martes, 26 de agosto de 2014

Second entry, cicle II, Teaching P



Well, my second class is done, and now I can say that I have learned many things from students and even from the teacher.  Today, my topic was music. I started my class with a very nice warm up activity; I brought a CD with a lot of songs on it, and I played it in the classroom. My purpose of doing this is to ask students the name of the songs, the name of the singer and the type of music that I was playing. It was nice because they enjoyed it and it could be noticed when I was playing the songs.

Then, I came out with some new vocabulary related to music and to the reading that I was going to present. So I brought some bond color paper with new words on it and meanings, as well.  I asked students to come to the front and pasted the words with the correct meaning. Most of the words were well done and the ones that were wrongs, I correct them for them to copy in their notebooks.

Then, I gave them the reading in which they had to read and answer some questions that I was going to ask. When they finished reading the article about music, I asked them for new vocabulary, and I told them some meanings that they did not know.

Then, I asked them some questions to see if they had understood the reading, and unfortunately, they did it in a very nice way.

After this, I asked them to complete a square in which they had to fill out the spaces following the reading that I gave them.

This is how it worked, and I think that I did it in a very nice way.

What I did not like is that I used a permanent marker when I was working with the students, and I could not monitor, and it affected my grade someway, but anyways as I told you I learned a lot because it will not happen to me anymore.

One of the things that I liked is the warm up activity because it worked nice and students get relaxed for a while.

In the teacher feedback what he told me was that I do not have to give them too much time for doing an activity and i have to monitor what they are doing, no matter what happened.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario