domingo, 13 de abril de 2014


Third class, second period

Well, this was my last class form this second period, and I can say this practice was very nice. I really liked the group with which I worked. In this third class, I made many activities for students to learn the present continuous. As a warm up, I made an activity called “charades”. I divided the class in two groups. Each group had to choose a representative who was the one that had to be sitting guessing the words and the rest of the students had to mimic the verbs that I wrote on the board.
Then, I showed some flashcards for students to say what the person is doing in the picture. Then, I asked to one student to come to the front to mimic some sentences written in a cheat of paper, and the rest of the students had to guess what he was doing. Then, I came up with the verbs that show state but not action, and I told the students that these verbs cannot be used in present continuous. I also told them that in some cases we can use them, but the meaning of the sentence changes completely. At first, they did not understand, but when I applied some examples, they got how the meaning changes.

Then, I taught present continuous in negative form, and I also taught how it goes in the contractive form. Then, I gave a flashcard to each student, and I asked them to write a sentence according to the picture. They had to write it in affirmative and negative form. Then, when they finished doing this, I asked them to change flashcards and create another one. At the end when all of them had finished creating the sentences, I asked them to write on the board for checking the sentences all together. They did it in a correct way.

What I really liked from this class is that I developed the activities in a correct way. Students understood my directions and did what I asked them to do.

What I did not like is that it was 8:40 am, and just some students were in the classroom, and I had t developed some activities. So I did it just with the ones that were there. They were four students.

In the feedback the teacher told met that the explanations of the verbs that we can not use in present continuous was good and that at first they did not understand, but then they got what I was trying to say. She also congratulated me for the setting arrangement and she also told me that I did an excellent job.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario